The City Manager, a professional hired by the City Council, directs the City's day-to-day affairs and is charged with carrying out the City Council's decisions and adopted policies.
Under the aegis of the City Council, the City Manager proposes policies and programs, carries out directives voted by the City Council, and develops a long-range view of City problems, needs, goals, and objectives for consideration by the City Council. The City Manager also prepares general rules and regulations necessary for the conduct of the administrative offices and departments of the City and supervises the preparation of the City's budget and financial reports each fiscal year.
City Manager's Staff Responsibilities
In addition, the City Manager's staff is responsible for:
- Overseeing risk management
- Providing community outreach including publication of the City's quarterly newsletter
- Issuing film permits
- Overseeing contracts with Los Angeles County for law enforcement and animal control services
- Conducting personnel recruitment
- Managing employee benefits programs
- Coordinating the City's emergency preparedness program
- Interim City Manager Contract (Mihranian, Ara) (PDF)
- Former City Manager Contract (Willmore, Douglas) (PDF)
- Addendum (Abuse Hotline Services) (PDF)
- City of Rancho Palos Verdes - City Attorney RFP - BROADCAST (PDF)
- HOTLINE - FINANCIAL SERVICES RFP PACKET (PDF)
- HOTLINE - LEGAL SERVICES RFP PACKET (PDF)
- Matrix Assessment Report (PDF)
- Notice of City Council Reorganization (PDF)
- Notification Regarding the Anonymous Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline Services RFP (PDF)
- Rancho Palos Verdes Mission, Vision, and Core Values Statement (PDF)
- Request for Proposal - Classification and Compensation Study (PDF)
- Request for Proposals - Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline Services (PDF)
Ara MihranianInterim City Manager
Kit FoxInterim Deputy City Manager
Phone: 310-544-5207Fax: 310-544-5291
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday