Airspace Noise & Safety Concerns
The City of Rancho Palos Verdes is dedicated to assisting our residents with aviation safety and noise concerns. While the City of Rancho Palos Verdes has no direct authority over airspace, the City takes airspace safety and noise impacts on our residents very seriously.
Resident feedback is appreciated in the ongoing effort to mitigate aircraft noise concerns. Knowing the type of aircraft and flight path is important in determining which airport hotline to contact. Aviation activity over or near the Peninsula typically divides into 2 categories: General Aviation Aircraft and Scheduled Air Transport.
- General Aviation refers to all flights other than military and scheduled airline and cargo flights. General aviation aircraft flying over or near the Palos Verdes Peninsula often depart and land at Torrance Airport and are typically small fixed-wing aircraft or helicopters.
- Scheduled Air Transport includes a wide range of jet and turbo-prop aircraft operating on regularly scheduled routes. Scheduled aircraft flying over or near the Palos Verdes Peninsula are typically leaving or departing from LAX.
Filing a Noise Complaint
When filing a noise complaint, please note the date, time, location, direction of aircraft, airline, and flight number if possible (airline and flight numbers are available on WebTrak).
Visit the Torrance Noise Abatement website, or call Torrance Noise Abatement at (310) 784-7950.
Website - LAX WebTrak website to view and identify aircraft operations.
Form - LAX WebForm to file noise complaints.
Phone - Call the noise compliant hotline (424) 626-6473 to file noise complaints.
Mobile - From your Iphone or Android mobile device, click here to file a complaint.
to file a noise complaint or call the noise complaint hotline at (424) 646-6473.
Visit the LAX WebTrak website for Long Beach Airport to file a noise complaint or call the Long Beach noise complaint hotline at (562) 570-2665.
LAX Community Noise Round Table
Rancho Palos Verdes Staff regularly attends LAX Community Noise Round Table meetings, which consist of:
- Local elected officials and Staff
- Organized community groups
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) management
Sign up for the City's list serve to receive updates on aircraft noise abatement and other airspace issues affecting the City of Rancho Palos Verdes.
Contacting Rancho Palos Verdes Staff
The public is encouraged to let the City know their thoughts and concerns regarding Peninsula airspace issues. Contact Ms. Robert Nemeth, Associate Planner at (310) 544-5285 or email@example.com.