| Household /
|Children|| Seniors &
|First Aid||Go Bag||Community||Volunteer||Training|| Amateur
|RPV & EPC
A component of your disaster kit is your Go-bag. Put the following items together in a backpack or another easy to carry container in case you must evacuate quickly. Prepare one Go-bag for each family member and make sure each has an I.D tag and will support each individual for at least three days. You may not be at home when an emergency strikes so keep some additional supplies in your car and at work, considering what you would need for your immediate safety.
- Radio - battery operated
- Dust mask
- Pocket knife
- Emergency cash in small denominations and quarters for phone calls
- Sturdy shoes, a change of clothes, and a warm hat
- Local map
- Some water and food
- Permanent marker, paper and tape
- Photos of family members and pets for re-identification purposes
- List of emergency point-of-contact phone numbers
- List of allergies to any drug (especially antibiotics) or food
- Copy of health insurance and identification cards
- Extra prescription eye glasses, hearing aid or other vital personal items
- Prescription medications and first aid supplies
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Extra keys to your house and vehicle
- Any special-needs items for children, seniors or people with disabilities. Don't forget to make a Go-bag for your pets.
- Rancho Palos Verdes "Go Bags" are available for purchase at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center at 31501 Palos Verdes Drive West, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. The bag sells for $39.95 (a $59.95 Value).