The County of Los Angeles has issued a curfew that will be in effect from 6 p.m. tonight, June 1, to 6 a.m. June 2. No persons shall travel or be upon public streets, avenues, alleys, parks, ways or any other public place in the County of Los Angeles for the duration of this curfew. The following are exempt:
- Law enforcement personnel
- Firefighting personnel
- Emergency health care providers
- Emergency medical personnel
- Civilians engaged in police or emergency work
- Individuals seeking emergency care
- Individuals experiencing homelessness who are sheltering in place
- Individuals traveling to and from their place of employment, and
- Representatives of the media
Please note that City parks, beaches and the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve will be closed to the public during curfew hours.
The City continues to monitor activity in the greater Los Angeles area, as well as demonstrations in the South Bay.
For more information about the curfew, visit lacounty.gov/emergency