Playgrounds Now Open
On December 9, the State of California announced that outdoor playgrounds that were closed under the Regional Stay Home Order may reopen to facilitate physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health revised its Health Officer Order accordingly. All playgrounds at Rancho Palos Verdes parks are now open to the public.
All visitors to City playgrounds must comply with posted guidelines that outline the following requirements from the California Department of Public Health:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
- No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present.
Due to a recent unrelated inspection of playground equipment by the City, some equipment will remain closed to the public until further notice so upgrades can be installed:
- Swings for ages 5-12 years at Hesse Park, Ryan Park, Ladera Linda Park, and Eastview Park
- Select playground structure elements, including slides and climbers at Hesse Park and Ladera Linda Park
A schedule for the remaining work is under development and will be shared as soon as it is available. The following equipment is open to the public:
- Playground structures at Hesse Park, Ryan Park, Ladera Linda Park, and Eastview Park
- Swings for ages 4 years and under at Eastview Park and Ryan Park
If you have questions, please contact the Recreation and Parks Department at 310-544-5260 or firstname.lastname@example.org