Councilmember Ken Dyda
as of Feb. 1, 2019
Kenneth J. Dyda - Retired - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
Married to Lorraine, two children – Beverly and Bruce, two grandchildren - Melinda and Megan
Moved to their present home in Sept. 1961
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (Four Campuses, Newark College of Engineering, Rutgers, Stevens and Princeton). B.S. Mechanical Engineering (Aero Option)
- U.C.L.A. Extensive graduate courses in Math, Physics and Astrodynamics.
- North American Aviation. Sponsored courses in business management, financial management and personnel management.
- Instrument Rated Private Pilot.
- NORTH AMERICAN AVIATION - 35 years. (Now Boeing)
- Engineering Laboratories (7) Manager, including Flight Simulation, Flight Controls, Electronic/Electrical, Microwave Test facility, Systems Evaluation and Software Integration Laboratories.
- Designed and developed Simulators, Motion Systems, Visual Displays and Computers.
- NORTHROP - 5 years.
- Integrated Systems Simulation Laboratories Manager, including Flight Simulation, Systems Integration and Avionics Development.
- AIAA Flight Simulation Facilities Working Group. Co-founder.
- AIAA Technical Committee - Flight Simulation.
- AIAA Technical Publications Committee.
- The Society for Computer Simulation
- Recognized on the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Walk of Fame.
- Lectured at Cambridge University, England.
- NATO Advisory Group on Aeronautical Research and Development. Simulation, Simulators and Human Factors. (1964 – 1966)
- U.S. Naval Training Devices Center. First all digital real-time aircraft simulation. (1968)
- U.S. Air Force - Weapon System Trainers (1975-1985).
- Flight Safety Inc. Training curriculum, Simulator operations and Maintenance. (1993)
- Published over sixty articles and papers in and for -
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Advisory Group for Aerodynamic Research & Dev. - NATO
- Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers
- International Mathematics & Computer Simulation Society.
- The Human Factors Society
- Society for Computer Simulation
- Society for Applied Learning Technology and National Security.
- Contributor to two technical books.
- City of Rancho Palos Verdes. Co-founder serving 11 years on the city council with terms as Mayor & Mayor Pro-tem.
- Incorporation of Municipalities in California. Authored the state legislation that modified voting process for incorporation. (Caused the change of similar legislation in 28 other states.)
- Rancho de los Palos Verdes Historical Society. (1975) Co-founder & Past President.
- Peninsula Symphony Association - Past President and Member of the Board of Directors.
- Geologic Hazard Abatement Districts. Authored the state legislation creating the districts
- Abalone Cove Landslide Abatement District. Past member and Chairman of the Board.
- Klondike Canyon Landslide Abatement District. Past member and Chairman of the Board.
- Don Wallace Radio Ranch Museum. Co-founder and Past Chairman.
- Southern California Association of Governments. Past city representative.
- South Bay Sanitation District. Past Member of the board of directors.
- City representative to the Contract Cities Association where I introduced Performance Based Contracting for Sheriff Services.
- Joint Powers Insurance Authority. Co-author.
- The 5th Sanitation District. Past Member of the Board of Directors
- RPV VOICE. Founder and Past Chairman of the Board.
- Rancho Palos Verdes Financial Advisory Committee. Past Chairman & Member.
- San Pedro Peninsula YMCA Indian Guides. Past district chairman.
- Boy Scout Troop 276. Committee Chairman
- Grandview Country Club Estates Homeowners. President.
- Rancho Palos Verdes Council of Homeowners Associations. Member.
- Rancho Palos Verdes View Restoration Commissioner
- Rancho Palos Verdes 2002 Goals Report, General Chairman.
- Rancho Palos Verdes Neighborhood Compatibility Committee
- Palos Verdes Bridge Club. Chairman.
- Member of the Save Our Coastline (S.O.C.) Executive/Policy Committee
- Chairman of the Fourth City Petition Campaign Committee
- Chairman of the S.O.C. Steering Committee
- Chairman of the S.O.C. Election Committee
- Chairman and Researcher of the Fourth City Financial Feasibility Report.
- Elected as director of the Peninsula Landscape District. (Disbanded)
- Aviation Explorer Post 1903, Boy scouts of America. Founder and Principle Advisor.
- Torrance Airport Association P.A.C. Board member.
- Torrance Air Fair Association, Board member.
- Chairman PVPUSD Parcel Tax Oversight Committee
- Chairman of the successful Measure “P” Opposition Campaign.
- President (6 yrs.) Peninsula Seniors
- Travel Director – Peninsula Seniors
- Peninsula Seniors Newsletter Publisher.
- Peninsula Seniors T.V. Productions producer
- Member of the RPV Oversight Committee for the RDA dissolution.
- Vice chair of Oversight Board of the Successor Agency to the Rancho Palos Verdes Redevelopment Agency
- Member of South Bay MOPAR Club.
- Rancho de los Palos Verdes Historical Society and Museum (2014) Co-Founder & Past President.
- Kiwanis Member 2013 –
- North American Bald Eagles
- Council member of Rancho Palos Verdes,
- Portuguese Bend Land Flow council AD HOC committee.