Kitchen & Bathroom Remodel

Kitchens and bathrooms are key areas of energy usage and potential moisture issues. Having a licensed and knowledgeable contractor obtain the proper permits and inspections will help to ensure the work is done correctly.

Do I need a permit?

Yes, you need to obtain a permit for kitchen and bathroom remodels. 

What inspections do I need? 

  • Framing
  • Insulation
  • Drywall/Tile backer
  • Final

Required Inspections 

  • Rough Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEPS)
  • Insulation (If applicable)
  • Drywall / Tile Backer
  • Tile Lath - When possible, combine this inspection with shower-pan inspection.
  • Shower Pan - Water test
  • Final - Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, torque new breakers, and ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) test

Handouts with More Information

  1. Building & Safety

    Phone: 310-544-5280

  2. Inspection Request

    Phone: 310-544-5279

  3. Physical Address
    30940 Hawthorne Boulevard
    Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275

    Office Hours
    Monday through Thursday
    7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)

    7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)

  4. Technical Inquiries

    Monday through Friday
    7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
    4 p.m. to Closing

  5. Allowable Construction Hours
    Monday through Friday
    7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

    9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

    Sunday or Legal Holidays
    No work allowed, unless a Special Construction Permit is obtained at least 48 hours before work is to begin.