Film Permits

The City of Rancho Palos Verdes welcomes feature film, student film, television, commercial, professional video, and still photography production to our community. You will find that Rancho Palos Verdes offers a wide variety of attractive and versatile locations for your next production or photo shoot. Popular locations include:

  • Abalone Cove Shoreline Park
  • Terranea Resort
  • Trump National Golf Club
  • Wayfarers Chapel


Film Permits are required for all filming activity on public and private property in Rancho Palos Verdes, with the exception of reporting on current news and events by the news media. Film permit holders are also required to obtain a valid City business license. Film permit fees are waived for non-profit and student productions, with appropriate documentation. The City’s regulations regarding filming activity are contained in Chapter 9.16 of the Rancho Palos Verdes Municipal Code.

Film Permits are issued by the Recreation and Parks Department. In some instances, the review and approval of a Film Permit may also involve other City departments (Community Development and/or Public Works), as well as the Los Angeles County Fire Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. The links below provide forms and other information to assist you in preparing for your production in Rancho Palos Verdes. You can also email the City’s Film Permit Desk directly or call 310-544-5260.

**Please note that in accordance with L.A. County’s Safer at Work and in the Community Order, all production must comply with the Reopening Protocol for Music, Television and Film Production (PDF)**

  1. Film Permit Desk

    Phone: 310-544-5260
    Fax: 310-544-5294