Plan Check Timelines
Your project is important to us and we want you to know what to expect. Please contact the Building Official if the service you receive is below your expectations.
- First submittal will take up to 10 business days.
- Subsequent submittals and revisions will take 5 business days.
- The applicant will be contacted when the plan check is complete.
- Steps for Obtaining City Approval for Residential Construction (PDF)
- Plan Check Application Form
- Permit Application
- Plan Check Submittal Checklist (PDF)
- Owner Builder Declaration (PDF)
- Geology Submittal Application
- When is a soils report required
- Permit-Plan Check Extension Form (PDF)
- Owner's Best Management Practices (BMPs) Form (PDF)
- Building Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Carbon Monoxide 2016 Code handout (PDF)
- Construction hardship request 2017
- Drainage Plan Check Requirements (PDF)
- Dwelling Design Standards (PDF)
- Fire Flow Availability Form (PDF)
- Fire Hazard Map (PDF)
- Grading and Drainage plan check list 2019 Codes (PDF)
- Grading Plan Check List (PDF)
- High Fire Hazard Fire Hazard Severity Zone Requirements (PDF)
- Pool and Spa Plan Check List 2019 Codes
- Pool and Spa Procedures (PDF)
- Retaining Wall Handout (PDF)
- Smoke alarm handout 2017 (PDF)
- Kitchen Remodeling Sample Detail (PDF)
- Residential Mandatory Measures (2019 CALGREEN ) (PDF)
- RPV AQMD Asbestos Disclosure Form
- Los Angeles County Fire Department 310-263-2732
- Los Angeles County Fuel Modification 626-969-5205
- South Coast Air Quality Management District 909-396-2000
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health 888-700-9995
- Los Angeles County Department of Sanitation 562-908-4228
Building & Safety
Inspection RequestPhone: 310-544-5279
30940 Hawthorne Boulevard
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
Monday through Friday
7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
4 p.m. to Closing
Allowable Construction Hours
Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday or Legal Holidays
No work allowed, unless a Special Construction Permit is obtained at least 48 hours before work is to begin.