Inspection Request & Forms
Inspection requests are available online! Please click here to submit your E-Request. We recommend requesting your inspections a few days ahead, or as soon as you know when the work will be ready for inspection to increase your chances of getting an inspection on your requested date.
NOTICE: Please keep in mind that 4PM is the cut-off for all
POSSIBLE next day inspection requests. Also, inspection
requests submitted on the weekend for next business day
will not be honored. Inspection dates and time requested
are NOT guaranteed. Please provide a valid email address
for inspection confirmation and inspector contact
Your inspection time frame will be provided only by request by email/phone or by clicking Today's Inspections by 5:30 pm the business day prior to your inspection.
Virtual Building Inspections
The Building & Safety Division is implementing virtual building inspections an an alternative for certain types of inspections and special circumstances. Please refer to the informational handout here for more information.
- Building Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Building Height and Location Certification (PDF)
- Building Square Foot Certification (PDF)
- Grading and Drainage Inspection Certification (PDF)
- Inspection Request Procedure (PDF)
- Permit-Plan Check Extension Form (PDF)
- Pool and Spa Inspection Procedures (PDF)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Acknowledgement and Water Conserving Fixtures Forms (PDF)
- Special Inspector Registration Form (PDF)
- Special Inspection Report Form (PDF)
- Structural Observation Program (PDF)
- Structural Observation Report Form (PDF)
- Sub-Contractor's List (PDF)
Building & Safety
Inspection RequestPhone: 310-544-5279
30940 Hawthorne Boulevard
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.)
Monday through Friday
7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
4 p.m. to Closing
Allowable Construction Hours
Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday or Legal Holidays
No work allowed, unless a Special Construction Permit is obtained at least 48 hours before work is to begin.