Notice of Availability - Rancho Palos Verdes NCCP/HCP
The City of Rancho Palos Verdes seeks approval of its Natural Communities Conservation Plan by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (the Wildlife Agencies). The purpose of the NCCP/HCP is to preserve contiguous open space areas for species preservation while allowing compatible economic growth. The City’s NCCP/HCP area is contiguous with the City boundary, and the Plan sets aside Rancho Palos Verdes’ 1,400-acre Palos Verdes Nature Preserve for conservation in perpetuity. The Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy serves as the City’s habitat manager for the Nature Preserve. The Draft NCCP/HCP Plan will be available on the Federal Register on Wednesday, October 31, 2018, and will undergo a public comment period until December 31, 2018.
The Notice of Availability for the Plan can be viewed online by using the following link: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/current. The NCCP/HCP documents can be viewed by using the following link: http://www.rpvca.gov/nccp. Hard copies of the Plan are available for public review at the following locations:
- Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Blvd., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Hesse Park, 29301 Hawthorne Blvd., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy, 916 Silver Spur Rd. #207, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Those who want to submit comments to the Wildlife Agencies can do so by one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; please include “City of RPV NCCP/HCP” in the subject line.
- U.S. Mail: Karen Goebel, Attn: City of RPV NCCP/HCP (use the Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife Office address under Obtaining Documents).
- Telephone: Karen Goebel, 760–431–9440.
If approved, by the Wildlife Agencies, the NCCP/HCP will be brought back to the City Council for adoption in early 2019. Inquiries should be directed to Administrative Analyst/Open Space Manager Katie Lozano at 310-544-5267 or email@example.com.