As part of the ongoing Palos Verdes Peninsula Water Reliability Project, California Water Service (Cal Water) is scheduled to begin preparatory work for pipeline installation on a stretch of Crenshaw Boulevard in the City around the week of June 24.
Crews will work in small segments starting at Crest Road and moving toward the new pump station site north of Silver Spur Road (along the purple line in the map below), working from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays.
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1EXF--vMXjvOLdo36rLhsk9syZXgsKtXC&hl=en_US" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
Construction from Crest Road to the pump station location is expected to last approximately five months, but could change depending on unforeseen circumstances. The preparatory work includes surveying and equipment staging and is expected to last approximately two weeks before pipeline installation begins. The estimated duration for all work on Crenshaw Boulevard (from Crest Road to the South Coast Botanic Garden) is approximately seven months.
Crews plan to work in the following stages on Crenshaw Boulevard:
- Crest Road to Crestridge Road
- Crestridge Road to Indian Peak Road
- Indian Peak Road to Silver Spur Road
- The intersection of Silver Spur Road and Crenshaw Boulevard
- Silver Spur Road to the new pump station site
- Pump station site to Chadwick Lane
- Chadwick Lane to the South Coast Botanic Garden (Nightwork from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
At least one lane of traffic will be open in each direction at all times and all lanes will be open during non-work hours.
- From Crest Road to Silver Spur Road, the southbound lanes of Crenshaw Boulevard will be shut down in stages and all traffic will be shifted across the median to the northbound lanes, with one lane open in each direction.
- From Silver Spur Road to the pump station site, the northbound lanes of Crenshaw Boulevard will be shut down and all traffic will be shifted across the median to the southbound lanes, with one lane open in each direction.
- From the pump station to about 2,300 feet south of Palos Verdes Drive North, the northbound lanes will be closed and all traffic will be shifted to the southbound lanes, with one lane open in each direction.
- From that point to Palos Verdes Drive North, only one southbound lane will be closed, with all northbound lanes open.
For a map of what traffic control will look like along each of these stages, see this handout from Cal Water: bit.ly/2WmvVzQ
Drivers are advised to expect traffic delays, drive slowly and with caution, and to take alternate routes, such as Hawthorne Boulevard, when possible.
Please note that drivers traveling north on Crenshaw Boulevard during working hours will be able to turn left at either Indian Peak Road or Silver Spur Road to head west, meaning one of these roads will be accessible when work reaches this area.
For more details and project updates, visit bit.ly/2MhdwR5.
If you have questions, please visit pvpwaterproject.com/contact_us, call 310-257-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience!