Did you know all cities in California are required by state law to adopt a guide for land use and planning decisions? The City of Rancho Palos Verdes' Housing Element Update is being developed to ensure the City is prepared to meet future housing needs from 2021 to 2029.
Learn more by joining us on August 24 for a joint City Council/Planning Commission Housing Element Update Study Session. Topics will include:
- Housing Element overview
- Presentation from the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) regarding housing element law and the requirements for the 6th Cycle Housing Element Update
- Regional Housing Needs Assessment (RHNA) Plan prepared by the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)
- Developing regulations to accommodate the City’s RHNA allocation in all income categories
- City Council and Planning Commission input on up-zoning, accessory dwelling units (ADUs), streamlined permit processing, etc. to accommodate more housing.
- Review of public survey questions
The hybrid in-person/virtual meeting will take place at 7 p.m. in McTaggart Hall at Fred Hesse Jr. Community Park and via Zoom with a very limited number of in-person attendees and COVID-19 safety protocols in place. Virtual participation is highly encouraged. The meeting will be live-streamed on the City website and televised on RPVtv Cox 33/Frontier FiOS 38. If you would like to provide comments during the meeting or leave a pre-recorded voice message, please complete a form at: ow.ly/80Kk50FNMpK
A staff report for this topic is available on the City website.
You can also share your thoughts with the City Council and Planning Commission by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Housing Element Update process, visit rpvca.gov/housingelement, and for updates, sign up for the Housing Element Update listserv at rpvca.gov/notify.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in programs, services, activities and meetings, contact the City's ADA Coordinator/Risk Manager at 310-683-3157, email@example.com, 30940 Hawthorne Blvd., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275, at least 48 hours in advance to request an auxiliary aid or accommodation.