- Your primary Election ballot will include candidates for U.S. Senate, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Controller, Treasurer, Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner, Member of State Board of Equalization, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, U.S. Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Assembly Member, as well as other local candidates.
- There are two contests for U.S. Senate on this ballot. You can vote for both contests.
- One for a 6-year term ending January 3, 2029; and
- One for the remainder of the current term ending January 3, 2023
- Return your vote-by-mail ballot by mail with prepaid postage as long as it's postmarked on or before Election day and received by June 14, 2022, or in-person to a secure ballot drop box, to a voting location or your county elections office by 8:00 p.m. on June 7, 2022.
There will be 400 drop boxes available where participating voters can use to safely cast their ballots! As we move into the Voting Period, we want to take this opportunity to provide some important information and answer potential questions you may have about the program.
VBM DROP BOX PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Vote by Mail period officially begins on Monday, May 9 through Election Day, Tuesday, June 7, 2022. All registered and eligible voters during this election can expect to receive Vote by Mail (VBM) ballots starting on Monday, May 9. The VBM Drop Boxes will be opened on Thursday, May 5. On Election Day, all Drop Boxes will be locked at 8:00pm.
VBM DROP BOX LOCATIONS
Voters were provided with the drop box locations near their residence on their VBM packet. Voters can also find all Drop Box locations (as well as Vote Centers) on our Locator Tool on LAvote.gov.
Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall has a drop box located near the flagpole in the parking lot at:
30940 Hawthorne Blvd.
Ballots will be securely collected regularly at each VBM Drop Box by RR/CC staff members throughout the voting period.
Voters can track their VBM ballot every step of the way. They can subscribe to receive real-time tracking notifications by text, email or voicemail. They can go to wheresmyballot.sos.ca.gov to get started.
Registrar of Voters (800) 815-2666
Recorder/County Clerk (800) 201-8999