Healthy Recipe of the Month
Spinach and Cranberry Stuffed Salmon
• lb salmon fillets
• 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves 4 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 clove garlic (minced)
• 2 tbsps Craisins (chopped)
• 2 tbsps chopped pecans (nuts, walnuts or almonds are recommended)
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard 1
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Saute the spinach, lemon zest, and garlic until spinach is wilted.
2. Combine the craisins, nuts, basil and oregano leaves in a small bowl. Add the wilted spinach mixture to the small bowl and combine.
3. Cut a pocket horizontally into each salmon fillet. Stuff each pocket with about 2 tablespoons of the combined mixture.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard on the salmon and finish by sprinkling breadcrumbs on top of each fillet.
5. Place salmon on non-stick baking sheet or backing sheet lined with oven safe paper and bake for 20 minutes at 375 F or until fillets are fully cooked.