Dear Residents of Rancho Palos Verdes,
The holidays are a festive time of year when we share special moments with our family, friends and loved ones, reflect on the year behind us and looking to the year ahead filled with promise and opportunity. On behalf of the City Council, we remain committed to working cooperatively with you to continue to preserve and enhance the City of Rancho Palos Verdes being the best place to live.
During the past year, which marked the beginning of our reopening and recovery from the pandemic, the City achieved many significant milestones.
- Achieved a ranking as the fourth safest city in the State of California.
- Rolled out our security camera subsidy program to eleven different HOAs and neighborhoods.
- Maintained a balanced City budget and maintained City services through the pandemic.
- Supported our businesses by implementing the Small Business Assistance Program.
- Actively lobbied legislation deemed impactful to the City and launched the "Legislative Corner" on the RPV website to help us monitor legislation.
- Moved the Ladera Linda Community Park project through the planning and financing phases to an expected early 2022 groundbreaking.
- Continued important planning efforts for the Civic Center project.
- Returned to in-person events such as the Fourth of July celebration, Movies and Concerts in the Park, Trunk or Treat, and the upcoming Ice Skating by the Sea.
- Enhanced our Coyote Management Plan improving our response and support to impacted neighborhoods.
- Implemented gates and parking programs to address Del Cerro residents’ concerns regarding increased trail use and neighborhood impacts.
- Undergrounded utilities along a section of Palos Verdes Drive South.
- Completed beautification projects such as the median landscaping on Hawthorne Boulevard and began improvements on Western Avenue.
- Implemented the MyRPV app to allow residents to reach city services on their phone.
- Established e-filing of planning applications to help streamline application processes.
- Achieved City-wide emissions reductions progress through our Emissions Reduction Action Plan.
- Completed the Citizen Satisfaction Survey to solicit feedback on City services.
- Recognized eighteen amazing organizations and individuals through our Mayor’s Honoree’s program.
- And many, many others…
These achievements would not have been possible without the contributions of so many of you. Together, we have made real progress.
The City is committed to continuing to serve you and we are looking forward to continued progress and high levels of service in the new year. I, and the City Council, wish you a safe, happy holiday season.