What should do if I see a wild animal on my property?
If a wild animal comes onto your property, the best thing to do is to leave the animal alone. Generally, the animals will not return, unless there are attractive food sources on your property. To prevent future visits, secure garbage can lids, pick up garden debris or fallen fruit and take in uneaten pet food at night. If the animal is behaving in a threatening manner or is injured, contact the Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control immediately at 310-523-9566. Do not attempt to capture or approach the animal.

Show All Answers

1. What is the number to call Animal Control?
2. What agency provides animal control services?
3. What is the address for the County Animal Shelter and what are its hours of operation?
4. How do I report a neighbor’s barking dog?
5. How many pets are allowed per household?
6. What is the city’s leash law?
7. Are dogs allowed on the city’s beaches and parks?
8. Where can I get a license for my dog?
9. What are the dog license fees?
10. What vaccinations are required by law?
11. How long does a rabies vaccination last?
12. What should I do if I see an injured animal?
13. What should I do if a dog bites me?
14. Who do I contact about dead animals?
15. Can I trap raccoons in my yard?
16. What should do if I see a wild animal on my property?
17. What should I do if I find a lost pet?
18. When and how should I look for my lost pet?
19. Where can I adopt a pet from the Animal Shelter?