In an emergency, you or a family member may be cut, burned or suffer other injuries. Keep the following basic first aid supplies so you are prepared to help when someone is hurt.
- Two pairs of disposable gloves.
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding.
- Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect.
- Antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Burn Ointment.
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes.
- Eyewash solution to flush the eyes or as general decontaminant.
- Over-the-counter medicines such as Aspirin or other pain relievers, laxative, anti-diarrhea medication.
- Prescription medications you take every day such as insulin, heart medicine, or asthma inhaler.
- Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose monitoring equipment or blood pressure monitors.