OpenGov Financial Data Portal
In an effort to provide a more inclusive and transparent budget, the City of Rancho Palos Verdes is pleased to present our Financial Transparency portal. The City partnered with OpenGov to provide a new web-based financial transparency and business intelligence tool that dynamically presents the City's revenues and expenses, from historical trends to line item level details.
By leveraging the OpenGov platform, residents can use this website to have around-the-clock access and a better understanding of the City's budget and actuals financial data.
There's nothing quite like being able to examine financial data by yourself by viewing charts and graphs or downloading the information into an excel spreadsheet. This resource is a part of the City's ongoing effort to enhance transparency and public engagement.
Tips on Using OpenGov:
- The portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by department.
- You can always access the portal by navigating to the Rancho Palos Verdes Transparency Portal
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data - an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie chart and a table. You can change your view at any time by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right.
- You'll notice the title of the chart or graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- To focus on specific data - like a department, expense type, revenue type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category.
- You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet or a .png image.
- You can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some quick FAQs to get you started...
Click these links to answer some frequently asked questions (results will open in a new tab or window):
Questions or Comments
For more information on OpenGov or if you have any questions, please contact the Finance Department by email.