Resources for Unhoused Persons

The City of Rancho Palos Verdes is located in Service Planning Area (SPA) 8 of Los Angeles County, and we utilize Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) resources to assist our residents in their greatest times of need. We promote the County's focused Coordinated Entry System (CES) so that professionals can link those in need to the appropriate service providers and resources.

The following are a list of resources for those experiencing homelessness, may be at-risk, or are in need of other social services:

Los Angeles Homeless Outreach Portal (LA-HOP)
LA-HOP is designed to assist people experiencing homelessness in LA County with outreach services. Residents can make a referral for an unhoused person they see and outreach teams will attempt to make contact with the individual. If the City or Sheriff’s Department is made aware of an unhoused individual, they also submit an LA-HOP request.

Adults and Youth/ CES Contact
Harbor Interfaith Services
Harbor Interfaith Services support teams will connect with the individual and provide housing, health services, etc.
599 W. 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731
For individuals: 424-276-3602
For families: 310- 831-0589
(Hours: M-F 8:30 AM-5 PM)

Veterans Access Site
MHA Operation Healthy Homecoming
1891 N. Gaffey St #211, San Pedro, CA 90731
(Hours: M-F 8:30 AM-5 PM)

Persons with Domestic Violence or Human Trafficking History
1736 Family Crisis Center
310-370-5902 or 562-388-7652 (24 hour lines)

Families with Minor Children
Families in need of shelter with minor children can call 211 or visit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For additional resources, visit

To report a crime or illegal activity, call the Lomita Sheriff’s Station at 310-539-1661.
For medical and other emergencies, contact 9-1-1.
For mental health emergencies, contact 9-8-8 or visit