The City of Rancho Palos Verdes has launched an online parking reservation system for Del Cerro Park and the popular Portuguese Bend Reserve. Visitors can use the ParkMobile website or mobile app to reserve parking spaces on Crenshaw Boulevard south of Crest Road and on Park Place, near the Rattlesnake and Burma Road Trailheads. Below is a map of parking zones for all 60 parking spaces
Click image to enlarge
Parking with ParkMobile
- ParkMobile reservations are required for 58 spaces on Crenshaw Boulevard south of Crest Road and on Park Place.
- Reservations must be made by 11:59 p.m. the night before your visit.
- Visitors cannot park and then reserve their spot.
- Reservations are limited to blocks of two hours and 45 minutes from 7 a.m. to an hour after sunset (shorter or longer blocks of time are not available at this time).
- Reservations are $10 per reservation block and can be paid using ParkMobile. An additional $0.35 processing fee will apply.
- Parking is free from 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. on weekdays.
- 15 spaces on Park Place adjacent to Del Cerro Park remain available to those who hold a Residential Recreational Parking Permit. Permit holders must reserve these spaces (in Zone A) using ParkMobile. For step-by-step instructions on how to make your reservation, view our
- Two additional ADA spaces on Park Place do not require Residential Recreational Parking Permits or ParkMobile reservations. If both ADA spaces are unavailable, those with ADA placards displayed must use ParkMobile to reserve another parking spot.
- Street parking on Crenshaw Boulevard north of Crest Road remains free and does not require reservations.
How to Reserve a Spot
Visitors can make parking reservations on a mobile web browser or by downloading the free ParkMobile app for iOS or Android devices from the App Store or Google Play. Reservations can also be made by calling ParkMobile Member Services at 866-330-7275.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When will reservations and parking fees be required for Crenshaw Boulevard south of Crest Road?
On July 6, 2021, the City of Rancho Palos Verdes implemented the ParkMobile parking reservation system for Crenshaw Boulevard south of Crest Road and on Park Place. Parking reservation fees were implemented on August 2, 2021.
This new parking management system is part of a larger effort to better manage parking and access to the City’s Palos Verdes Nature Preserve. The Preserve is 1,400 acres that have been set aside in perpetuity for sensitive species and habitat preservation in association with the City’s Natural Communities Conservation Plan/Habitat Conservation Plan permit. The primary purpose of the Preserve is conservation, and passive recreation is permitted as long as it does not negatively impact natural resources.
The larger holistic Preserve parking and access management effort is in response to significant increases in use seen over the past 10 years, and the effort includes public education, traffic studies, parking management, a pilot shuttle program, public participation and involvement, and coordination with Preserve management partners and stakeholders. One key element of the Preserve parking and access effort is to better control traffic and access conditions at the City’s most congested trailheads (Portuguese Bend and Filiorum Reserves) along Crenshaw Boulevard and to disperse public use more evenly to reserves that can accommodate larger groups of visitors.
To learn more about the City’s efforts to better manage Preserve parking and access, or for more information on the Preserve, please visit the Preserve webpage at rpvca.gov/trails, or contact the Recreation and Parks Department at email@example.com or 310-544-5260.
2) How much do reservations cost?
A reservation is $10 for a time block of two hours and 45 minutes. There is an additional 35 cent transaction fee applied to all reservations. Smaller or larger blocks of times are not available at this time. Free blocks of time will remain Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Reservations are still required for these free time blocks, however visitors may park for free.
3) How do I reserve a spot?
From a desktop or mobile device, visit the mobile web browser to reserve a spot. You may also download the free ParkMobile app for iOS or Android devices from the App Store or Google Play. Select the reserve tab within the app and follow the instructions. Reservations are issued on a first come first served basis. Reservations can be made as early as three days in advance of your visit. Reservations must be made by 11:59 p.m. the night prior to your visit.
4) Can I call to reserve a spot?
Yes. Reservations can be made by calling ParkMobile Member Services at (866) 330-7275. This phone number can also be used if you have questions or need help regarding services.
5) How can I get issued a refund?
Refunds must be made three hours prior to your reservation time. Please use the link provided within your confirmation email to request a refund. You can also call ParkMobile at 866-330-7275. Refunds are also available if the Preserve closes unexpectedly. Examples include rain, inclement weather, or maintenance activities requiring significant trail closures.
6) Why did the City decide to start charging to park?
Public use of the Portuguese Bend and Filiorum Reserves has increased significantly over the past approximately 10 years. The trailheads and parking areas were not designed to handle such large increases in use. The ParkMobile parking solution is an effort to better manage public access and parking in this area, and to improve traffic conditions.
7) Is the Residential Recreational Permit Program still in place?
Yes. This program remains in place for 15 spaces on Park Place within parking Zone A. This is a program available to Rancho Palos Verdes residents. Residential Recreational Parking Permits and vehicle decals are issued through the Public Works Department. Visit the Public Works Department public counter located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard to obtain your permit and vehicle decal. However, visitors with a Residential Recreational Permit will still be required to make an advance reservation. See #3 for reservation instructions. There is no fee associated with this program.
8) I have a Residential Recreational Parking Permit. What’s my ParkMobile access code?
The access code you need to enter when making your ParkMobile reservation in Zone A (Park Place) is the number on your Residential Recreational Parking Permit vehicle decal, plus the first letter of the name of the street associated with your permit. For example, if your decal number is 123 and the address you listed on your permit application is on Ravenspur Drive, your access code would be 123R.
For step-by-step instructions on how to make your reservation with your access code, view our ParkMobile Reservation Guide for Residential Recreational Parking Permit Holders (PDF).
9) Who enforces the new parking rules?
Dedicated parking enforcement personnel are stationed along Crenshaw Boulevard and Park Place to educate visitors on new parking management, and to enforce new regulations. Reservations are enforced based on license plate number. Please make sure to enter the license plate number of the vehicle that will be parked on site when making your reservation.
10) Can I get a parking citation or my vehicle towed?
Yes. Parking citation fees are $110. Vehicles that are parked without a reservation, or have overstayed a reservation’s timeframe will be towed at the owner’s expense. Reservations are enforced based on license plate number. Please make sure to enter the license plate number of the vehicle that will be parked on site when making your reservation.
11) Where can I find free Preserve parking?
There are several opportunities for free Preserve parking. Free blocks of time set aside for Crenshaw Boulevard south of Crest Road are available from Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
12) Who do I contact for more information or to provide feedback?
Please contact the Rancho Palos Verdes Recreation and Parks Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-544-5260. For questions specific to current reservations, including reservation changes and refunds, please call the ParkMobile Member Services at (866) 330-7275.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in programs, services, activities and meetings, contact the City's ADA Coordinator/Risk Manager at 310-683-3157, email@example.com, 30940 Hawthorne Blvd., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275, at least 48 hours in advance to request an auxiliary aid or accommodation.