The service is available during Preserve operating hours for the purpose of reporting misuse of the Preserve and for accessing Preserve information. Callers speak with a hotline operator who takes down concerns and questions and forwards them directly to Open Space Management staff and law enforcement personnel. Callers may request a call back, or if calling outside of normal hours, may leave a message and request a call back the following day.
While the Preserve Information and Reporting Line is a service to Preserve users, it will also serve as a helpful tool to increase the City's awareness of activity taking place in the Preserve.
Below are some concerns that are anticipated to be handled by the Hotline number 310-491-5775.
- Dogs off-leash
- Dogs/horses/animals off trails
- Hikers/cyclist/equestrians off trails
- Misuse of trails (i.e.. cyclists on pedestrian only trails, horses on pedestrian only trails, etc.)
- Reckless use of Preserve trails
- Paraglider in Preserve
- Motorized vehicles/aircraft
- Homeless encampments
- Removal/destruction of flora/fauna
- Removal or destruction/modification to Preserve signage
- Illegal dumping (after the fact)